For flashing custom ROM, you must have custom recovery pre-installed in your device. Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) is one the most used custom recovery. It allows you to flash custom ROMs on your mobile. Moreover, you can perform advanced recovery and installations operations and now it is available for Samsung Galaxy Y. A simple tutorial is given below to install this recovery on your Galaxy Y.
Disclaimer: The steps given in the following article are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Do not follow these steps if you are not familiar with all these things. If any damage caused to your device due to these steps you cant hold us guilty.
The tutorial is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Use of this tutorial to any other mobile may turn out into undesired result.
- Your device must be charged at least up to 70% so that installation will be proceed without any disturbance.
- It is recommended to take a backup of SMS, MMS, APN, contacts, memo etc. to your external memory since it get formatted during the process.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on PC.
Procedure to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y:
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery from the link given below.
- Click here to download
- Connect your mobile to PC through USB cable (Make sure that you have kept USB debugging on).
- Copy the zip file to external memory in a new folder called Recovery.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- Next step is to get into the recovery mode. For that switch off your mobile, press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you get into recovery mode.
- Now select update from SD card and choose zip file which you have saved in Recovery folder earlier.
- After successful installation, go back and select Reboot system now option.
Congratulations! The CWM based recovery is installed on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. You can boot into this recovery mode by pressing same buttons that mentioned in above procedure. Enjoy flashing custom ROMs…
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+