The concept of Tablet PCs is getting quite popular these days. Unlike mobile tab features big screen and generally comes without SIM card. Tabs are very famous for reading e-books, internet surfing, playing games, watching videos etc.
Looking forward to the trend of the market, Samsung decided to enter in this sector and launched Galaxy Tab series. They launched one of their their first Tabs i.e. Galaxy Tab 10.1 in January 2011 having huge 10.1 inch screen and very well other specifications also. Plus based on Android platform this Tab had other advantages over others.
Advantage of Android platform is that being open source. Even if you don’t get official updates there are developers who port custom ROMs based on latest updates. With these ROMs you can enjoy the latest updates and features.
But to flash these ROMs you need a tool called custom recovery. A custom recovery helps you flash these ROMs. Also it has got other features like nandroid backup/restore, wipe data, wipe cache etc. Now a custom Recovery called Clockworkmod recovery is available for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It is Touch recovery.
Following article explains step by step procedure of installing Touch CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 10.1
Disclaimer: The Procedure described in this article is risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we shouldn’t held responsible for it.
This article is intended for only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with model number GT-P7510, GT-P7500, I905. Flashing this recovery on any other mobile or variant might cause permanent damage to it.
- Make sure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- It is recommended you should take a backup of all personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as it gets vanished during installation.
- Also mobile drivers must be installed on your computer.You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually, click here.
Procedure to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:
- First download Clockworkmod recovery package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 according to model number. Extract it on the computer.
- CWM Package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510
- CWM Package ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G P7500
- CWM Package ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE I905
- For flashing this recovery on the Tab, you will need a tool called Odin3 v0.7. Download it and install on your computer.
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Next step is to get into the downloading mode of your device. For that, first switch off your Tab then press & hold Volume down + Power button simultaneously for a while until it shows Downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Now we have to flash this recovery into the tab through Odin software. Hence connect your mobile to computer through USB cable and launch Odin software installed on your computer.
- You will see Added!! Message appeared in message box of Odin. It means your mobile is properly detected. Also one of the ID:COM section turns blue. If you don’t get such message or ID:COM section doesn’t turn blue, make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly. You can install them by downloading and installing Kies from link provided in prerequisites.
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose.tar.md5file which you have downloaded earlier. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of CWM Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. When flashing process finishes successfully, you’ll get Pass message with the Green background above COM port & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer. You have successfully installed CWM Recovery.
- Now you can boot into CWM Recovery whenever you want. Just follow some simple steps given below
- Switch off the Tab (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
Bravo! Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have any doubts regarding the procedure you can ask through comments. We will try our level best to solve them.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shreyas is an author at Android Legend and He is a HTC Lover. You can follow him on Google+