Samsung Galaxy S4 is one the most powerful phone available in the market. It has Exynos 5 chip which does not support LTE. So Samsung has made some changes in their model and LTE variant is released as Galaxy S4 LTE with model number I9505. Galaxy S4 is the first device (apart from Nexus series) which runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It means you have got the latest version.
But people who loves to play with their device will not get satisfied with stock ROM. They likes do some experiment with the mobile. And it starts from rooting the device. And after rooting the device next step is flashing custom recovery.
Clockworkmod recovery is the best option for custom recovery. The latest version of CWM recovery is now available for Galaxy S4 LTE. Unlike previous versions it is touch enabled. And installation of CWM will open the door for numerous custom ROM. You can get rid of Touch-wiz UI if you don’t like it. Well you are just few steps away from the installing CWM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE. Just go ahead.
Disclaimer: The installation process of CWM is little risky and can cause trouble with your mobile if not properly followed. (Device may get bricked)It is requested for the beginners to perform all these steps at your own risk. Before performing any step, read the article completely. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile.
This CWM recovery is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE variant. (Model number I9505) Flashing this recovery on 3G variant or any other carrier model might cause permanent damage to it.
Note: Flashing CWM is illegal process and moreover it voids the warranty. So flash it at your own risk.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- It is important that you must root your phone before proceeding further. Here is the procedure for rooting.
- Backup all the data on the phone like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as gets wiped during installation.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on the computer.
Procedure to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
- Download latest version of clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE along with Odin Multi downloader. (v3.04 or v3.07) Odin is a tool through which we are flashing the clockworkmod recovery is flashed on mobile.
Clockworkmod recovery. (Official development page.)
Odin multi downloader. (v3.04 or v3.07)
- After downloading both files install Odin on your computer. While extract recovery.zip file on convenient location.
- Switch off your mobile and boot it into odin mode (also known as downloading mode) by pressing volume down + home + power button simultaneously.
- By that launch Odin which you have installed earlier.
- Now connect mobile to PC via USB cable. You will find that one of the ID:COM section is turned blue. Added! Message will also appear in the Odins message box. If you dont get such message or ID:COM section doesnt turn blue, check whether you have installed mobile drivers or not.
- Click PDA button on Odin and select recovery.tar.md5 file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Dont click any other button or make any changes in Odin.
- Now click Start button for flashing recovery in your device. Installation will take a few seconds and after successful installation your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Nice work! You have successfully installed clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Do let us know how it is working for you. If you any doubts regarding the article ask through the comments. We will give you solution for it.
Tip: To see the Clockworkmod recovery, first switch off the mobile and then press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until recovery mode opens. You can take a nandroid backup. For that select backup & restore option and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory.
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+