When it comes to flashing custom ROMs on your Android powered phone, custom recovery becomes an essential thing. Clockwormod is one of the famous custom recovery out there which now it is available for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
With the help of CWM recovery, you can backup / restore your ROMs (stock firmwares as well). Wiping data or factory resetting the phone is possible through the recovery.
Follow this easy guide to install Clockworkmod Recovery on your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727.
Disclaimer: The steps given in the following article are considered to be risky and it may cause damage to your device. Please do not follow this guide if you are unfamiliar with all these things. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone.
The given steps are only applicable for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket bearing a model number SGH-I727. Use of this tutorial on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 75% so that the process will not get interrupted.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all your important data such as SMS/MMS, APN, contacts etc.
Procedure to install Clockworkmod recovery on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
- Download and install phone drivers on your PC.
- Download Odin 3.04 tool on your computer.
- Download Clockworkmod recovery for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
- Switch off your mobile and boot it into the download mode by simultaneously pressing volume up + volume down + power button until it shows Downloading message on your phone.
- Now open Odin software on your computer. It will show Added!! message in its message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly on the computer.
- Click the PDA button on Odin and select the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar file which you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that you havent clicked any other button in Odin.
- For flashing the recovery, click start button. Your device will reboot automatically after successful installation of Clockworkmod recovery. You will also get a pass message below ID:COM section located at the top.
- However if your mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect the phone from computer, remove battery, re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Whoa! Clockworkmod recovery is now installed on your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. Enjoy flashing custom ROMs..
Latest posts by Sanket Bhurke (see all)
- Carbon ROM for Galaxy Ace 2 I8160: Android 4.4.2 KitKat - February 28, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KiKat for Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 via Cyanogenmod 11 - February 24, 2014
- Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 (CWM) - February 18, 2014