Many people found it difficult to unlock bootloader of their Sony Xperia P LT21i on the web. As the procedure mentioned was a bit complicated. Therefore by considering the situation, we have come up with an article on how to unlock bootloader of Xperia P. Basically unlocking bootloader avails many things which can’t be done if bootloader is locked. By unlocking bootloader you can root, flash custom ROMs, install available scripts etc. on your device. Follow this basic tutorial to unlock the bootloader.
Note: Unlocking Bootloader of Xperia P Will Void It’s Warranty Provided By The Manufacturer (Warranty Can Be Retained By Relocking The Same).
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each & Every Part Required For Unlocking Bootloader of Xperia P At Our Level Best. In Case if Any Damage Happened To Your Device (It Should Not Be), We Will Not Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Unlocking Bootloader of Sony XperiaP :
- Firstly Get & Note Down IMEI Code of Your Device. It can be Obtained by Dialing *#06# in Phone Dialer.
- Charge Your Phone Upto 60% Battery Level So As To Ensure That It Doesn’t Turn Off During The Process of Bootloader Unlocking.
- Temporarily Disable Your PC’s Antivirus Software As This Might Interrupt The Process.
By Assuming That You’ve Followed The Essential Steps Mentioned Above, You Can Now Move To The Further Part Of The Article Where Will Check on How To Unlock Bootloader of Xperia P.
Procedure To Unlock Bootloader of Sony XperiaP LT21i :
For Simplicity We Have Divided This Article In Two Simple Steps.
Step 1 : Installation of USB Drivers (Xperia P)
- Download Fast Boot Package (With USB Drivers) From The Link Mentioned Below:
- Fast Boot Package With USB Driver.
- Switch Off Your Device & Connect It To The Computer Using USB Cable While Enabling Fast Boot Mode (Press & Hold Volume Up Button To Trigger Fastboot Mode). Windows Will Start Driver Installation As soon As You’ll Connect Your Device To The Computer While Keeping It In Fastboot Mode.
- Now Extract The Fastboot Package Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your PC.You Will Find 2 Folders Named As ‘fastboot’ & ‘usb_driver’.
- Point Driver Installation Location To ‘usb_driver’ Folder.
- Once Drivers Get Installed, Disconnect Xperia P From PC & Power On It.
Step 2 : Unlocking Bootloader of Xperia P
- Before Unlocking Bootloader, You Need To Check That if Your Device’s Bootloader Can Be Unlocked Or Not. For Checking Bootloader Status Dial *#*#7378423#*#* From Phone Dialer To Access Service Menu.Find Bootloader Unlock Status Over There. If It is Set To Yes Then Only You Can Unlock Your Device’s Bootloader Otherwise It’s Impossible To Unlock It.
- Scroll To The Bottom of The Page & Press Continue.
- You Will be Prompted With The Message “Are You Sure ?”. Accept It By Clicking On “Yes I Am Sure”.(Assuming That You’ve Read It Properly). Then Accept The Legal Terms.
- Now You’ll Get “Create Unlock Request” Page.Enter Your Name, Email Address & IMEI (Which You’ve Noted in Essential Steps Mentioned Above).
- You’ll Now Get Unique Key Which Will Be Displayed On The Screen. Save It Safely As We Will Require It In Next Part Of The Article.
- Open Command Prompt In Your Computer & Point/Set It’s Location To ‘fastboot’ Folder.
- Again Connect Your Device To PC By Enabling Flash Mode On It (Check Step 1).
- Now In Command Prompt (CMD) Type The Following Command :
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- If Value is Returned (It Should return 0.5), It Means Device is Connected Properly.
- Type This Second Command Mentioned Below :
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
- Replace The KEY With The Unique Key Which You’ve Received Earlier (In Step 2). And Hit Enter.
Congratulations !! You’ve Successfully Unlocked Bootloader of Your Xperia P.Enjoy The Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
Now Just In Case If You Get Any Difficulty While Unlocking Bootloader Procedure Mentioned Above, Do not Hesitate To Comment Below, We Will Try our Best To Sort Out The Same..
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+