In order to root & install custom ROMs on your newly purchased HTC One V, its bootloader must be unlocked. HTC has made it simple to unlock the bootloader of your device at their htcdev.com site. This Tutorial is simplified so you can easily unlock the bootloader. But please be noted that unlocking bootloader of device will void it’s warranty provided by HTC. Therefore make sure that you are comfortable to go ahead.
Now in due course of the article we will checkout on how to unlock bootloader of HTC One V.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Essential Precautions Before Unlocking Bootloader of HTC One V :
- Your device must be charged upto 70 % Battery level (Recommended).
- Procedure of unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data present in phone memory (It will not erase SD Card). Therefore it is highly recommended to backup all the data present on the phone memory.
By assuming that you’ve followed all the steps mentioned above, you are ready to proceed further article of unlocking bootloader.
Procedure to Unlock Bootloader of HTC One V :
- Firstly you need to download these two files which are mentioned below:
- Install the HTC Sync Software on your PC (It will automatically install all essential drivers for your device).
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- After registering new account & verifying your email address, login into your new account. Open unlock bootloader page.
- Now select “All Other Supported Models” from the drop down menu located at right side & then click on “Begin Unlock Bootloader” page.
- After clicking on Unlock Bootloader page, you’ll get a pop-up warning (Read it if you want). Click on the “Yes” Button to continue.
- Now you’ll get some legal terms notice (which they’ll ask you to accept), tick on the both boxes & press “Proceed to Unlock Instructions“.
- On the next page, you’ll see four instructions. Below is simplified form of those instructions.
- Switch Off your Phone.
- Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button. (Use Volume Up/Down to go up/down & Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Again open the htcdev site (from where you had left it). Now click on “Proceed to Step 5“.
- Now You don’t need to follow instructions given by htcdev on that page. Instead follow the instructions given below.
- Open the ‘Fastboot‘ folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see ‘Open Command window here‘ option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesn’t appear then you need to install HTC Sync software to install essential drivers for your One V).
- Don’t Close the command prompt yet, We will need it in further steps. Now this much part you’ve to do on second page. You should now move on to third page.For proceeding to 3rd page click ‘Proceed to Step 8‘ which is located at the bottom of this page.
- On the third page of htcdev, follow the steps given over there very carefully. When you are done click on the ‘Submit‘ button.
- If you’ve followed all the steps correctly, on the next page you’ll receive “Token Submitted successfully!” & will get an email with unlock key attached to it.
- Open the email you’ve got from HTC & download the attachment named as “Unlock_code.bin“.
- Transfer/Copy the Unlock_code.bin file to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Open that email (which you’ve got from HTC) for further instructions.
- Flash Unlock_code.bin file on your phone using fastboot mode (Follow the instructions given below to flash the Unlock_code.bin file).
- Type the following command in command prompt which you left opened in previous steps.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Now on your phone, you will receive an Unlock bootlader request. Use Volume Up button to highlight ‘Yes‘ &Power button to Confirm & Continue.
- Your phone will be rebooted automatically & factory reset itself.
- To confirm you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader of yor HTC One V, enter into the bootloader (follow the steps above to enter into bootloader mode). As soon as you enter into the bootloader mode, You’ll see “UNLOCKED at the top of the screen.
Congratulations ! You’ve successfully unlocked your device’s bootloader. You are now free to root, install custom recoveries & ROMs on your phone. In case if you face any difficulty while unlocking bootloade, comment it below. We will try our best to sort out same as quick as possible..
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014
- Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Carbon ROM - February 5, 2014