Now Rooting Can Be Done On Sony Xperia Neo V MT11i Running Latest Firmware of ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.0.431). But You Must Be Noted Rooting Device Running Any Firmware Voids it’s Warranty Provided By The Manufacturer.So Please Root Your Device At Your Own Risk (Warranty Can be Retained by Flashing Official ICS Firmwares). Over The Period of This Article We Will Be Checking That How Can You Root Your Device Running ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.
Let Us Head To The Rest Portion of This Article Where We Will Be Checking The Following Things :
Essential Steps Before Rooting Xperia Neo V.
- Procedure To Root Sony Xperia Neo V MT11i Running ICS 4.0.4.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Sony will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Rooting Xperia Neo V :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
- Your Device Must Have Unlocked Bootloader.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Rooting ICS 4.0.4 Firmware, You are Now Ready to Move to Rest Part of The Article Where We Will be Checking That how to Root Xperia Neo V Running ICS 4.0.4.
Procedure To Root Sony XperiaNeo V MT11i Running ICS 4.0.4 :
For Simplicity We Have Divide This Article Into 2 Simple Steps.
Step 1 : Installation of Kernel From ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- To Be Able to Root Your Device You Must Install ICS 4.0.3 Kernel As Uptil Now There is No Method of Rooting ICS 4.0.4 Firmware. Since Separate Flashable ICS 4.0.3 Kernel File is not Available, You Must Download The Whole ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Package & Then Need To Install/Flash Kernel From The Same.
- Download Flashtool & ICS 4.0.3 Firmware (4.1.A.0.562) Mentioned Below :
ICS 4.0.3 Firmware (4.1.A.0.562).
- Install Flashtool Which You’ve Just Downloaded In Your Computer (For You Convenience, It is Recommended To Install Flash Tool in C: Drive).
- Extract Xperia Neo V ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update Package in Your PC, You’ll Get .ftf File.
- Navigate C: –> flashtool –>firmwares Directory.Delete All The Data in That Directory If It is Present Over There.
- Copy/Move The Extracted Firmware Package File (.ftf File) In The C: –> flashtool –>firmwares Directory.
- Now We’ll Proceed To The Actual Firmware Updating Procedure In Our Further Tutorial.
- Open Xperia Flashtool Which You’ve Just Installed.Select Flash Option From The Top Corner of The Tool.(Refer The Image Below).
- You’ll Be Ask To Select Either Flash Mode Or Fastboot Mode.Select Flash Mode & Press Ok.
- After Selecting Flash Mode, Firmware Selection Window Will Appear.In The Left Side Select MT11i (Version 4.1.A.0.562).
- In The Right Side, Tick The Following 3 Options Only.
- Exclude system
- Exclude baseband
- Exclude Fota
- Press Ok. Wait For Flashtool To Prepare.Now It will Ask You To Connect Your Mobile, Follow The Steps Carefully & Connect Your Phone.(While Connecting The Device To The Computer, Turn Off Your Xperia Neo V. Press & Hold The Back Key.Now Connect It To The PC).
- As Soon As Connect Your Device To PC, Flashing Process Should Now Start.Once You See The Flashing Finished Message In Flashtool.Remove/Detach The Device From PC & Wait For It To Reboot.
- After Device Gets Rebooted, Again Connect It To The PC.Before Connecting To The PC Ensure That You’ve Install ADB Drivers.If You Have Not Installed It Yet, Click Here To Download Now (ADB Drivers Are Installed Along With Flashtool, Download It Just In Case If You Want Reinstall Them).
Step 2 : Root Xperia Neo V
- Now Its Time To Actually Root Your Device Running ICS 4.0.4.
- Download Rooting Package For Your Device From The Link Given Below :
Rooting Package For Xperia Neo V.
- Extract It In Your Computer You’ll Find 2 Items After Extracting viz., install.bat & “Files” Folder.
- Simply Run runme.bat File & Follow The onscreen Instructions Given Over There.
- In This Process, Device Will Reboot Couple of Times.When The Script Finishes It Will Give You Message “ALL DONE”.
- Now Again Flash Kernel From ICS 4.0.4 Firmware By Following The Method Given Above (Step 1).
And Yes.. By This Time You’ve Successfully Rooted Your Sony Xperia Neo V Running Latest Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.0.431). In Case If Anything Goes Wrong During This Process, Do Let me Know In Comments, I’ll be Happy To Help You There As Early As I Can.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+