LG has proved themselves as a strong competitor in the Smartphone market. As recently they released a Nexus device in collaboration with Google themselves. With suchmesmerizingfeatures the LG Nexus 4 turned out to be a super hit device.
Before release of Nexus 4, in September 2012 LG presented their current flagship device, Optimus G with some more features than Nexus 4. Though if you compare these phones cost wise, then Nexus 4 has got the advantage. But in USA and Canada the carrier locked versions are available on contract basis in very reasonable price. But a major disadvantage of carrier locked devices is that updates are not provided that quickly as they have to undergo several performance and stability tests.
But insted of waiting for updates, you can always move on to custom ROMs. And custom Recovery is what you need to flash custom ROMs. Along with flashing new ROMs you can backup and restore your previous ROMs, wiped data and cache, fix permissions. Now a famous custom recovery called Clockworkmod Recovery is available for AT&T Optimus G, thanks to Recognized XDA Contributor sk8erwitskil. So AT&T users can start enjoying latest custom ROMs once they install the CWM Recovery. Following article explains how to install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on AT&T Optiomus G.
Disclaimer:The instructions given in the article below are considered as risky and may cause damage to your device. Please follow these steps completely at your own risk. Neither we nor developers are responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after attempting these steps.
Attention!Steps involved in this article are meant only for AT&T Optimus G bearing model no E970. Trying this on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory which includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.
- You must have USB drivers of your device installed on your computer.
Procedure to Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery AT&T Optimus G:
- First download zip package file of recovery from link given below.
- Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for AT&T Optimus G.
- Now copy the downloaded file to root directory of your SD card.
- You will also require fastboot files. Here is the link is to download fastboot files for your device.
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now to flash custom Recovery you have to boot into Stock recovery.
- To do so, first connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see Open Command window here option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to boot into stock recovery so that you can flash CWM package
adb boot recovery
- Once you are in recovery, now select apply zip from sdcard & then on next screen select, choose zip from sdcard.
- It will show you the files & folders located on the SD card of your device. Navigate to the Recovery which you have copied to SD card earlier file, select it using power button & confirm the installation by pressing on Yes. This should start installing the Recovery.
- Installation will get completed in few seconds.
- Now select option reboot system now to restart the device.
Awesome!! You have successfully installed Clockworkmod recovery on your AT&T Optimus G. Now you can flash latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Do report us how it is working for you. If you have got any doubts feel free to ask them through comments. We will come up with solution as soon as possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Shreyas is an author at Android Legend and He is a HTC Lover. You can follow him on Google+