Android is one of the most used and popular operating system for the mobile. Due to availability of more than 700000 apps it is popular amongst the people. Day by day several new apps are getting available for the android devices, but your limited internal memory restricts it to the certain limit.
Old Android phones have internal memory around 200 to 300 MB (Mega Bytes) unlike the latest one which have in few GB (Giga Bytes). Due to this limited memory, you cannot install more apps. This problem can be overcome by increasing internal memory of your mobile.
By partitioning external memory card of mobile, you can use it as an internal memory. With the help of link2SD app and memory card partition, you can increase internal memory as per your requirement. Different methods are available for partitioning memory card. But the most reliable method is CWM method as it works for any mobile or memory card.
- First of all your mobile must be charged at least up to 70% so that there will not be any interruption during memory card partition.
- You must take a backup of memory card on your computer as all the data on the card gets erased during installation.
- Your mobile/tablet must be rooted.
- Install Link2SD app on the device from the play store.
- Clockworkmod recovery must be installed on your mobile/tablet.
- First switch off your mobile and boot into recovery mode by any method or using appropriate key combination.
- As we know that touch doesnt work in most of the CWM, use volume keys for navigation and use power or home button for selection.
- Then go to partition sdcard.
- Select ext size. (Note: It should be less than your memory card size.)
- It will take few minutes for partitioning SDcard.
- After successful partitioning of sdcard select +++++go back+++++ then reboot system now.
- Download and install latest version of Link2SD app from the play store.
- Grant superuser permission for this app.
- After granting superuser permission it will ask to choose file system of your second partition.
- After confirming the file system, it will ask to restart your phone. Do it.
- After restarting phone, open Link2SD app again. Select filter option and the on internal.
- You will see all the apps from internal memory.
- Select options-> multi select. Select the apps that you want to move on that internal memory.
- Choose action and then create link. Select all 3 options i.e. Link application file, Link dalvik cache file, Link library files. Then ok.
- It will take few minutes for creating link to this partition.
- Finally select ok. Now your all apps are moved to this partition.
- Now in order to link every new app that you will download to this partition, select options and then auto link.
- Now henceforth whenever you download app from the play store, it will get saved in this partition.
Thats it! You have successfully increased internal memory of your mobile. In order to see the status of this memory select option-> storage info.
Dont remove memory card from the mobile. If you have any queries regarding article ask us through the comments.We are always happy to help you. Do let us know how it is working for you.
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+