Have you locked your Android device with pattern lock security? And have you forgotten a pattern for it? Well, if the answer is yes then XDA Senior Member m.sabra has found a small trick to unlock pattern lock security. His method uses ADB interface and can be applied to any non-rooted smartphone & tablet (Of course it works with rooted device too!). You don’t need to sign in into Google Account or have data enabled for this method to work. It requires only a personal computer or a laptop & device specific drivers installed in it. So, go ahead & unlock your device with some simple commands.
Disclaimer: This guide is made for educational purposes only, you shall not use this on other people’s phones without permission under any circumstances and lastly neither we nor m.sabra (developer of the trick) will be held responsible for any misuse of this guide.
This guide (hack) works with any Android phone or tablet (running Gingerbread, ICS, Jelly Bean). It does NOT require rooted device. So, loosing warranty is not an issue.
- It is recommended to charge your device up to 60% battery level.
- (Important!) “USB debugging” option must be enabled in your device. Without this, you’ll NOT be able to crack the pattern lock.
- Disable Antivirus or any security application installed in your PC.
- In some cases, Root is required to make it work.
- (Optional) If “USB Debugging” is disabled then you’ll have to install a Custom Recovery (like CWM) on your phone.
Procedure to Crack / Unlock Pattern Lock of your Android Device:
- Download ADB & Fastboot Files from the link mentioned below:
- Extract ‘Fastboot.zip‘ (the one you’ve just downloaded) to any convenient location on your PC (may be Desktop).
- After extracting the zip file, open Fastboot folder. You’ll find following 4 files inside it.
- Now connect your Android phone to the Computer.
- On PC, in fastboot folder, hold shift button & right click on empty space (Check the image below).
- Select “Open command window here” option.
- In command prompt, type following command to ensure that if your device is properly connected or not.
- After entering above command, some random numbers will appear (Check the image given below). This confirms that your device is connected properly. Now there are two methods to crack unlock pattern. Choose one which is applicable on your device.
Method 1: (Applicable on Samsung Phones. May or may not work with other devices)
- Now type following commands one by one (and hit enter after each command).
update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’;
Method 2: (Applicable on non Samsung devices. May or may not work with Samsung Phones. You can try though):
- If above commands don’t work then try with this one.
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- After typing all these commands, restart your phone.
- As soon as your device gets rebooted, you’ll see the pattern lock isn’t unlocked yet. Well don’t worry just enter any pattern & phone will get unlock automatically.
- It’s a quite simple method than the other two. By using this method you can crack / unlock both, pattern lock as well as pin / password lock. But before you use this method, your device must have a custom recovery like CWM installed on it. Note that you may also require to root your device just in case if it doesn’t work by having CWM only (it’s a far rare case though). It should work with CWM Recovery alone.
- So, lets get started: firstly download a Lockscreen bypass file from the link given below:
- Copy the downloaded zip file on your device’s internal / external memory by any means.
- Now, boot into recovery mode on your phone / tab. Note that, each device has a different method (key combinations) to get into recovery mode. If you don’t know how to boot into recovery, you can Google it or ask us in comments below (include your device model along with the comment).
- After getting into recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the file you’ve just transferred on your phone. Hit Power button to select the file and confirm the installation by selecting ‘Yes – Install LockScreen_Security_bypass.zip’.
- As soon as installation gets completed, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart the phone.
- Once the phone gets rebooted, you’ll see that the pattern / password lock is still there. But don’t panic, just enter any pattern / password and it will get unlocked by itself.
That’s it! You’ve successfully unlocked / cracked the pattern lock of your Android device. Do let us know if you face any difficulty while unlocking the pattern lock. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014
- Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Carbon ROM - February 5, 2014