With a grand success of Galaxy S3, Samsung came up wit the idea of S3 Mini. As a result Galaxy S3 Mini released which similar to S3 in looks but has some inferior features. The device comes with pre-installed Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 and likely to receive Android 4.2.2 update.
In the beginning the Android development of this device is little slow. But now it looks like it is getting some pace as the developers are looking seriously. The most famous custom ROM Cyanogenmod is now compiled for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
Cyanogenmod 10 which is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has got all the features from its pure AOSP version. Moreover you will get more customization option than the stock firmware along with improved performance.
So just go ahead and follow few steps to install Cyanogenmod 10 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190.
The tutorial given below is considered as risky and cam cause damage to mobile if it is not properly followed. It is requested that you should not follow it if you are unaware of these things. Follow all the steps completely at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after executing these steps.
This tutorial is strictly intended only for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with model number I8190. Attempting it on any other model or variant will give some unwanted results.
- In order to avoid interruption in installation process due to low battery, charge your phone at least up 70%.
- As we know that all the data on the mobile gets vanished permanently during installation, it is recommended that you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card.
- Most important!! Your mobile must have custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery installed on it. If you dont have it then follow this article. Or follow this article to flash to install TWRP recovery.
- Download Cyanogenmod 10 for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini from official development page.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps which contains Google apps like Gmail, Gtalk, Play store etc. for the Jelly Bean. As Cyanogenmod does not include Google apps you need to flash it separately.
- Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to PC via USB cable and enable mass storage mode on. Copy both files to the external memory card and do not extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from computer and switch it off. Try to boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up + home button + power button simultaneously until mobile vibrates and recovery mode opens.
- First take a nandroid backup of current systems. For that select backup & restore and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory card.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data on phone and clear caches.
- Next select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. A list of files will appear in front of you. Select cm-10-20130303-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA5-golden.zip file for installation. Select yes in next step for confirmation.
- This will take few minutes for installation. Repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. But this time choose gapps file for installation.
- After successful flashing of both the files select +++++go back+++++ and reboot system now.
Nice work! Cyanogenmod 10 is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. Dont forget to tell us how it is working for you. You can ask your queries through the comments. We will come up with the solution as early as possible.
Tip:In case you want to revert to previous ROM you can easily do it just by entering into Recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode. Then select restore option & choose your latest backup to restore.