Android is the most popular operating system in the world. People chose devices running on Android OS over the other OS like Windows, Symbian, iOS etc. because they found Android more user friendly than others. One more reason could be open source nature of Android. Due to this a huge Android development is going on across the world. As a result different custom ROMs based on different versions of Android have been compiled for almost all Android running devices.
Cyanogenmod, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, Slim bean etc. are some of the famous custom ROMs. But you will need a custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) for flashing them on your devices. This CWM is also available for Samsungs iconic tablet Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Recently this Tab received Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. But with release of Android 4.2, many custom ROMs based on this version are compiled for Tab 2 7.0. And you need to have Clockworkmod recovery to flash them.
Some simple and easy steps are given in the further article about how to install CWM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Disclaimer: In the following tutorial there few steps which are risky and can cause damage to your device if you dont perform them properly. It is suggested that you should not try to attempt them if you are unaware of these things. Read the article completely before executing the steps. We or developers are not responsible for damage cause to your tablet after implementing these steps.
This CWM is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 bearing model number P3100, P3110, P113. Avoid attempting these steps on any other tablet or device. Otherwise you might get some undesired results.
- As this process is little time consuming, you should charge the tablet at least up to 70% so that it wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Dont forget to install tablet drivers on the computer.
Procedure to install Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- First of all download few important files like Clockworkmod recovery for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 along with Odin multi downloader. Install Odin software on the computer. This is official software of Samsung used for flashing official firmware and custom recovery on mobile or tablet.
- Click here to download CWM for tab 2 7.0.
- Click here to download Odin3 v1.85.
- Switch off your device and enter into downloading mode. For that press volume down + power button together and hold them for few minutes until downloading message appears on the screen.
- Now connect your tablet to computer via USB cable.
- Run Odin software which you have installed earlier on the computer. You will get Added!! message in Odins message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed tablet drivers properly on the computer.
- Click on PDA button and select recovery.tar file which you have downloaded from the above downloading link.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Make sure that you havent clicked anywhere else.
- Click on the Start button to initialize the flashing process.
- It will take few minutes for flashing ROMs. After successful flashing of recovery, tablet gets rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odins message box.
- However it might happen that you get fail message on the Odins message box or tablet gets stuck, in that situation, hold power button till it gets switch off. Now follow the same procedure again.
Thats it!! Clockworkmod recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Do let us know how it is working. Convey you doubts about procedure through comments. Now you can flash any custom ROM using this tool.
Tip: To enter into the CWM recovery mode, press & hold volume up and power button simultaneously until recovery mode opens. For taking nandroid backup navigate to backup & restore option and then chose backup. This will take a nandroid backup of whole system which will be saved in external memory.