After the success of Galaxy Mini, Samsung came up with its improved version Mini 2. It looks identical to predecessor but it features better hardware than Mini. Mini 2 comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of box and officially no update is available for it.
So custom ROMs is the only way to get this update. And for flashing custom ROM, you will need custom recovery like CWM. It will allow you not only to flash custom ROMs but also to perform advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations which aren’t possible with stock recovery.
Follow all the instruction written ahead to install clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2.
Installation procedure mentioned in the further article is considered as risky and may cause damage to mobile. It is suggested that you should think before implementing any of the step. First read the article completely and then execute all the steps at your own risk. We or developers cannot be held responsible for any damage happened to your device during the procedure.
This Clockworkmod recovery is built only for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 with model number S6500. Do not try to flash it on any other device. If you do so, it will cause permanent damage to it.
- In order to avoid any interruption during installation process due to low battery power, charge phone at least up to 70%.
- It is recommended that you should take a take a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory. It might get corrupted during the procedure.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS)
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- First download Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 from official development page.
- CWM v126.96.36.199 for Galaxy Mini 2
- You will also need Odin Multi downloader for flashing this recovery.
- Odin Multi downloader v3.07.
- Now switch off your mobile and try to boot it into downloading mode. This is achieved by pressing & holding volume down + power button +home button simultaneously until the mobile shows Downloading message.
- Next steps is to flash CWM on phone. So connect your mobile to computer via USB cable. By that time Open Odin3 which you have installed earlier. You will get Added message in Odin’s message box
- You will also see that one of your ID:COM section is turned blue or green.
- If this doesn’t happen, make sure that you have installed proper drivers on your computer.
- Click PDA button and select cwm-188.8.131.52-b2-jena.tar.md5 file which you have downloaded.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Make sure that you haven’t clicked anywhere else.
- Finally click o Start button to execute installation. It will take few mintes for installation and in the end your phone gets rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However, it might happen that due to some reason phone gets stuck and the fail message will appear in Odin’s message box. In that case disconnect mobile, remove and re-insert battery and then repeat the above procedure again.
- Download CWM v184.108.40.206 from official development page.
- Copy this file to external memory card.
- Now switch off the mobile into recovery mode. For that press volume up + home + power button simultaneously until mobile vibrates. Then release power button, but keep other two buttons pressing.
- Once you land in recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. select update-cwm-220.127.116.11-jena.zip file and confirm it in next step.
- After successfully flashing the update, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done! Clockworkmod recovery is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2. Now you can flash any custom ROM using this recovery. If you have any doubts regarding the article, ask in the comments section.
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+