Android 4.4.2 KitKat Resurrection Remix ROM for Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 is available now. Everyone knows that the first Android version that was launched was Android 1.5 Cupcake. From that to the recently launched Android 4.4 KitKat, there have been several improvements in the custom ROMs that were released during these decades. With the launch of each ROM the performance, specs, features & all the rest aspects had such a huge drastic change that every android user was addicted to them. You’ll always see something new with every different ROM. Just like that if you wanna experience a ROM stuffed with full crazy customization features on your Galaxy Captivate, then Resurrection Remix is the only ROM for you. In this article we’ll discuss the flashing procedure of the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 via Resurrection Remix ROM. Some features of this ROM are listed below.
- Updated color picker.
- Update Buttons and layout.
- Fixed icon pack usage in Lock screen shortcuts.
- Fixed app info long-press.
- Added options to enable/disable Wi-fi name from notification drawer.
- Make Privacy Guard a first class citizen in the Settings app.
- Bluetooth: Don’t set a null alias before un-pairing.
- Fixed crash while opening privacy settings.
- Updated network traffic indicator.
- Added Camera button support.
- Removed Allow custom buttons check box.
- Fixed reference to privacy settings.
- Notification transparency.
- Notification drawer background.
- Updated superuser-development settings.
- Added Quiet Hours to disable phone ringer.
- Removed tap to be developer shit.
- Bluetooth updates.
- Fixed error checking in Memory File.
- Updated Lock screen Blur.
- Added hardware framework to support for tap-to-wake.
- Fixed LTO availability check.
- Fixed confusing warning dialog behavior.
- Swipe anywhere on notification panel to switch views.
Note that this ROM is still in working stage and so there are chances of few bug and issues in it. But on the other side as it is a nightly build ROM, it is sure that all the bugs will be fixed in its further stable updates. Those who wish to experience the latest KitKat features on their Galaxy Captivate can follow our guide given below.
Disclaimer: If any damage occurs with your Galaxy Captivate SGH-i897 then neither we nor the developers of this ROM will be held responsible for that. Proceed and attempt everything at your own risk. Although it is rare that your device will get damaged but still read and follow every step carefully and without a single mistake.
This Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Captivate having model number SGH-i897. Flashing this on any other device or variant may severely damage the device. So confirm your device model number from Homescreen–> Menu–>Settings –> About device before proceeding further.
- Charge your device at least up to 75% to minimize the risk of interruption during the flashing process. For improving your battery life, you can follow our guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- This process wipes your entire data present on your phone memory. So a complete backup is must be taken. For that copy & transfer all your important data including contacts, SMS/MMS, APN settings and call logs etc. on your PC for safety. You may refer our articles for the same.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- How to backup Notes and Memos for an Android device.
- Your Galaxy Captivate SGH-i897 must be rooted.
- Before flashing any custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, we strongly remind you to install a latest Custom Recovery tool on your device. If you haven’t installed it yet, then do that immediately since it is very much essential for flashing the latest Resurrection Remix ROM.
- Download Resurrection Remix Rom for Galaxy Captivate:
- Click here to download.
- Download the latest Google Apps (Android 4.4)
- Click here to Download
- After downloading both the files given above, connect your phone to PC using USB cable and without extracting transfer them to your device external storage.
- Now disconnect the phone from PC and switch it off. You need to enter into recovery mode. For that press and hold Volume Up + Volume down + Power button simultaneously until you land in recovery mode.
- Firstly make a nandroid backup of your current ROM. This nandroid backup is the backup of whole operating system which can be completely regained back if you face any problem with this ROM. You can follow our guide for taking a proper nandroid backup:
- How to Backup whole ROM/Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery.
- Return to the recovery and navigate to ‘install zip from SD card’ option & on the next screen select ‘choose zip from SD card’ option. This will show you all the data on your external SD card. Now navigate to Resurrection remix Android 4.4 KitKat ROM package file which you’ve copied earlier & select it. On the next screen select ‘Yes’ option to start the flashing process.
- Wait for few minutes to complete it. After successful completion of the flashing process, you will again land in recovery mode.
- Next select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ option to wipe all the data & caches from your phone memory. Remember that this step is essential for solving the boot loops issue.
- Similarly you need to flash the Google Apps. Remember not to perform the last step of wiping data after installing these Google Apps.
- All the installation processes completes here. Just restart your phone now. For the same, navigate to the ‘reboot system now’ option from the recovery mode and select it. The first boot always takes more time to start than usual.
Great! The Resurrection remix Custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Captivate SGH-i897. Enjoy the new added KitKat features with this ROM. Also don’t forget to tell your views after using them. If you have any trouble while going through the process then freely comment us. We’ll try to provide an exact solution for your each problem.
Note: If you dint like this ROM and want to restore back your previous saved Rom, then you can do that by going back to the recovery mode again using the steps as mentioned above and select ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore’ option to restore the one you want.