LG Optimus One is first mobile in Optimus series. It comes with 600 MHz processor and 512 MB RAM. This device runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. But this Android version is quite old. With the development in technology new Android versions like ICS, Jelly Bean compiled. But due to hardware limitations, Optimus One didnt receive any of these.Fortunately, this mobile received many custom ROMs which are based on this OS. And the latest one is Cyanogenmod 10.1. This custom ROM is based on Android 4.2.1 which was released in last November.Since it is a first build it contains few bugs.
Here is the list of things which are not working properly.
- Camera (Panaroma does not work)
- Youtube and Gallery (Not showing controls in video)
Rest of the things are working properly. As developers are working hard on this, soon they will come up with stable build.
Read article completely to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 custom ROM on LG Optimus One.
Disclaimer: Steps mentioned in the article written ahead are considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is highly recommended that you should not inculcate it if you are not aware of these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage happened to your device after implementing these steps.
This Cyanogenmod 10.1 custom ROM is only applicable for LG Optimus One having model number P500. Dont try to flash it on any other device else you might get some undesired results.
- Dont forget to charge your phone at least up to 70% to avoid any interruption due to low battery during ROM installation.
- As process involves wiping of all data on the mobile, it is requested to take a backup of important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Custom recovery is a tool through which we are flashing the custom ROM. So install custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on your mobile.
- Enable USB debugging on.
Procedure to install Android 4.2.1 via Cyanogenmod 10.1 on LG Optimus One P500:
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 file for LG Optimus One from official source page.
- Also download Gapps package which contains Google apps like Gmail, Gtalk, Play store etc. that are not present in a custom ROM.
- Connect your phone to computer via USB cable. Copy both files which are downloaded earlier to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from PC after copying both files.
- Now boot your device into recovery mode. For that first switch off your mobile then press & hold Home + volume down + power button simultaneously until it boots into recovery mode.
- Take a nandroid backup of current system. This is done by selecting backup & restore and then backup in next step. This nandroid backup is saved in external memory. (This step is not mandatory.)
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and caches on your phone.
- Next flash Cyanogenmod 10.1. To do so, select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. Navigate to Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file. Confirm it by selecting yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation. In the end you will see recovery menu again.
- Repeat the above step of install zip form sdcard and then chose zip from sdcard. But this time select Gapps package.
- After successful flashing of both files, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Excellent work!! Your LG Optimus One is now running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean via Cyanogenmod 10.1 custom ROM. Do share your views about this ROM. Ask your doubts about tutorial. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: If you want to uninstall this ROM and return back to the previous one, you can easily do it just by booting into the recovery mode. Select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.
Latest posts by Sanket Bhurke (see all)
- Blimps- Floating Dialer- Multitask while in a phone calls - March 11, 2014
- Install Nokia X Launcher on Any Android Device - March 10, 2014
- Carbon ROM for Galaxy Ace 2 I8160: Android 4.4.2 KitKat - February 28, 2014